Friday, March 21, 2008

Easter Egg Hunt~Smith Farm

We took Elise and Amelia to my friend, Karen's, for an Easter Egg Hunt. Karen lives on a farm about 40 minute from our house. I missed the hunt last year...I was training for Philmont~backpacking in some remote place in Ohio/Indiana. But this year....I was there.

Naturally, I wanted my girls to look extra cute. Last year, Elise wore an OSU jersery, hair back in a sad pony tail and mismatched shorts. I wanted her to look "cute" this year. Sadly, we've had so much rain that Noah is building an ark....so "cuteness" was out and rubber boots and jeans was in. Remember, we're on a farm.

We arrived at Karen's and she pleasantly informed me that they had "baby chicks" in the house and that there were eggs in the hunt that had "baby chicks" as a prize. GREAT! I'm thinking of making a quick exit but decide to tough it out. So we take the girls in the house where the "baby chicks" are (remember, this is a working farm) and there is a big box of chicks with about 5 kids gathered around it. All I can think is...."I wonder if they've figured attrition in to the equation today". I grew up on a farm and raised many animals. I know what happens to baby chicks, especially when there are tiny little hands picking them up and "loving" them. I questioned Karen about this...she raised her glass of wine, winked and said, "that's what I'm counting on". So off we went to cuddle a chick.

The girls had a blast! Elise wanted to open each egg she picked up. That definitely inhibited her from gathering too many eggs. She LOVED the candy that was scattered about the field. Smarties are a favorite. Amelia was a CHAMP....she was definitely all about picking up the egg and putting it in the basket. Way too cute!

It was a great day! Thanks Karen and Adam for a smashing good Easter Egg Hunt!

HE LIVES!!!!!

Enjoy the pics...

2 comments:

Sonya said...

Awwww WHAT FUN!

Lisa said...

Looks like alot of fun!