Friday, April 18, 2008

EaaaarthQuaaaake

It's not a secret, I'm a light sleeper. So for me to wake up before my alarm goes off is not big surprise. At approximately 5:40 a.m. (my clock is a little slow), I wake up to my bed shaking. So in my grogginess, I think, "If Tucker is doing laundry again, I'm gonna wring his neck". Seriously, I was thinking something far worst than this~but it's not very nice to post.

Let me digress for just a second. We have one of those front loader machines, kinda looks like something from outer space. Well, unfortunately, it's off balance. Nothing due to what I've done, but something that a service guy did when he installed the storage drawers~but that's another long-winded post for another time. When that washer goes into a spin, my entire house shakes!!! It's unbelievable~kinda like a jet engine taking into flight. No joke-True Story!

So, I start to come to my senses and I realize that my entire bedroom is shaking~the bed, stuff on the shelves~everything! And I start to think~is this a dream or what.

Finally, I get up, come downstairs and Tucker is eating 10 minicakes with about 1/2 cup of syrup (on my new sofa...grrrrr) and I say, "Hey, did you feel something shaking this morning?" He jumps up, all excited and starts blurting out that his door was moving, thought I was coming in to wake him because he overslept...blah blah blah! Then the news comes on and says it was in fact an earthquake.

So, yep, The Miami Valley experienced an earthquake today. No damage~just a whole lot of shakin' goin on!

Life is so exciting in Ohio~

1 comment:

Sonya said...

WOW! I know that was weird!