Monday, January 15, 2007

The Tale of the Terrible Trampoline

Santa brought Elise a trampoline for Christmas. Yes, I can just hear you all saying, "You've got to be kidding me? She has a what???" But before you decide that I am completely insane, let me tell you about the thought process for this gift. Elise loves gymnastics, particularly the trampoline. I thought it would be a great way for her to expel some energy on those cold winter days when she can't get outside. It has a bar for her to hold on to, so she won't fall off. There is a padding, albeit a thin one, around the perimeter of the tramp. It should be fine or so I thought. (Some one just said, "There she goes thinking again!" I heard it!)

She loves the tramp! She will jump on it while she's watching Baby Einstein or Signing Time or whatever. BUT.....she does have a tendency to raise her legs rather high and cause the back legs to come off the ground. Have I mentioned lately that she's a little rambunctious????? She has yet to tip the thing over, we can only hope she doesn't. Only time will tell.

The tramp is stationed in our family room (until the basement if finished). It doesn't really cause any problems there, it moves out of the way when not in use....seems to be working out rather well. Well, last evening, while Baba was watching football, Empress Elise bolted into the family room and did a "face plant" right into trampoline. The crying ensued and it took Baba about 15 minutes and an ice pack to calm her down. Needless to say, a bruised raised up instantly on her cheekbone. I don't know what it is about Asian skin, but when she gets a bruise, it's a doozie! I've posted a few photos for your enjoyment. I couldn't let this little incident pass.



This is my trampoline.....

I hold on to this bar and jump really high.....
Check out the left cheekbone
A side view....

Glad those home study visits are over ;-)

2 comments:

Sonya said...

OUCH!

Lisa said...

You told me she did it up good. She sure did. That looks painful.
Lisa