Wednesday, January 17, 2007

"Black Eye" Update & My newest "Nemesis"

It just keeps getting better....that black eye. I've attached two new photos taken on Tuesday. It's really icky now. Yes, it is as puffy as it looks.


I can't decide which view shows it better. All I know is that when Elise went to preschool yesterday, the first word out of the teacher's mouth was "OUCH"! What can I say, she's a real pistol ;-)
Elise had a play date with Tia Bella today. I had to get the poor kid out somewhere to burn off some energy. Nap time has been a challenge this week since she hasn't been able to go outside and play. We went to a place that had a HUGE indoor jungle gym type thing. I ended up going through most of it with Elise and Tia Bella and Tia Bella's mom (Margie). As we were crawling through one of the tubes, Margie yelled back at me...."Aren't you glad we can do this with our kids?" All I could say was, "Yes, but remember you are 12 years younger than me!"
The joys of being an older parent...I wouldn't trade it for anything. Thank the Lord I'm healthy and CAN climb through that stuff at the ripe old age of 43. Elise is sleeping like a log as I type this :-)

My Nemesis
But it's just a pair of boots! That's what you are thinking, I know it. And yes, it is a pair of boots. They are "long range" hiking boots from L.L. Bean. They are the bane of my existence right now. I intend to wear these boots while hiking this summer at Philmont Boy Scout Ranch in New Mexico. But first, they must be "broken in". That means clunking around the house with them on (as well as thick hiking socks). Why clunk around the house? One reason only, if they don't feel right, I will need to return them. You can't return shoes that have been wore outside, hence the clunking around inside. So I will clunk around a few more days and attempt to determine if they feel "good". Then it will be up to me to be sure they are "well broken in" (the description on the Official Philmont Packing List) before our first "prehike " on February 24th. I am in complete denial that the prehiking is beginning in a month. I don't even know if this is a day hike or any overnight hike. I'm praying that it is a day hike since it is February and I cringe at the thought of pitching a tent and sleeping in it February (let's not even talk about potty time!).

That's all for today. We are gearing up for another HUGE wrestling meet this weekend, The Coaches Classic. We will be there Friday night and Saturday (all day). Please pray for me....you can how I get.

Blessings,
Kim

PRAYER REQUEST: Tucker's dad is going through a "reorganization" of sorts at work. Pray that he maintains his current job status. Thanks!!!!

No comments: