Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Two years ago and so forth and so on.....

This is the first photo that we saw of our daughter on January 6, 2005....isn't it just precious....






Here she is today, in front of the Christmas tree pointing at her Elmo ornament.....


I don't know what to say other than how very blessed we are to have her as our daughter. She is a real pistol. I often tell people that it's rather interesting how I had to travel half way around the world to find a child just like me. Heaven help us all!!!


We spent a few days in Chicago before Christmas. Our oldest, Matthew, was there with the Lakota West Symphonic Winds Band performing at the Midwest Band Clinic. The performance was about an hour long and they were just incredible. I would like to say the trip was perfect, but the weather was a little rainy, but not too cold. Tucker wasn't thrilled with shopping the "Magnificent Mile", but it was a nice little get away for us.


Matthew is third from the left. His girlfriend, Jessica is beside him.

Matthew will also be the section leader for the trombones in the Lakota West Marching band next year. The band was also selected to go to the 2008 Rose Bowl Parade in Pasadena. It's quite an honor and he is very excited about it.

We celebrated Christmas with Steve's mom a little early since we were not going to be able to do it after the Holidays. She was able to come to our house and spend a few days and she actually got to see Matt's band do a dress rehearsal performance before they left for Chicago. It was wonderful that she was able to see him play.





Matt with Grandma and Jessica.


We spent Thanksgiving at our house with my family. I don't have any photos since I was busy cooking. Steve took some photos with his camera phone....needless to say, they aren't good enough to publish. I keep asking him to use the digital camera, but he won't. Oh well, no Kodak moments to share, just thoughts. Dad, Lisa, John, Candy and Patrick were here for Thanksgiving. It's always too loud and too much food, but it's one of my greatest joys....having everyone here for dinner. I always set the table with Granny's good china and we sit down the good ole fashion way and have eat. I never mind how long it takes to cook or how much of a mess there is to clean up. I love having everyone in one place.



Christmas was overly calm. The boys were gone and it was just Steve, Elise and myself. We went to my sister's house on Christmas Eve for dinner. We got to meet her new addition, Roxie. Elise was a little mystified by her. This photo tells it all:
I do believe Elise thinks Roxie is going to take Elmo.

The only caption fitting for this next photo is probably...."Katie-BAR THE DOOR!"



The New Year was rang it relatively quietly here. We walked to the neighbors for a short time and then had Elise at home and in bed before 10 p.m. I heard the new year ring in from bed....I just can't stay awake like I used to.

I'll leave you with this final photo of Elise on Christmas morning have a bit of a snack with her new friends.




Happy New Year everyone. We're holding out prayers for a safe and prosperous year for everyone.

Blessings,
Kim

No comments: