Friday, February 09, 2007

Back deck action and Elise's new guitar....

I'm a bit of bird watcher....it's something that a country girl does in the 'burbs. I've moved all my feeders to the back deck to try to control the "Rodent" or squirrels from destroying the feeders and eating all the seeds. The long feeder is squirrel proof. The stand for the birds will actually spin a squirrel off of it when it tries to eat the seed. It's rather hilarious. I've watched a squirrel actually spin around about three times holding on for dear life...totally cracked me up. The woodpeckers are back....this year I have a Redheaded Woodpecker, a downy and a hairy woodpecker. The best time for bird watching is the early morning. Elise even enjoys watching them with me.
A Red-Bellied Woodpecker....I just love him...He's beautiful isn't he!
Black-capped Chickadees and a Yellow Finch


Yes there are rodents too....

Elise got a Cinderella bed/sleeping bag for her birthday. These photos are of her watching the Wiggles and holding her new guitar...
Dora gets the best spot...


Nothing like having "purple" (blankie), fingers and a guitar to enjoy the evening with....



Yes, everyone loves a "brown-eyed girl". Kum-ba-yah!
Blessings,
Kim

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Love the photos. AC has a Dora bed like that. She loves it.
Still wish we had some snow.
Lisa

Kimberly said...

I'd be happy to send some snow your way....but....sadly I can't
Wishing you some cold weather!

Leslie said...

What a cutie pa tutie. I bought Lily that same Brown Eye Girl shirt. I can't wait for her to wear it. Tell Elise, that I just love her pink guitar.

So cute,
Leslie