Saturday, February 23, 2008

Worst blogger ever.....

So, I'm back...or sort of. I started looking at my blog again. You know how you get away from something and you want to go back to it. But, you've been away for so long, you don't know how to get back??? Well that's me. I got away and I didn't know how to get started again.

I started looking at old posts that I never published and I decided to post them. This one is right after I took Tucker to his Freshman Orientation for high school. We stand beside this tree every year and take pictures. It's kind of like a measuring stick. This photo was taken on August 14, 2007.

He's hitting the "teen years" with full force. Hold on....it's gonna be a wild ride! My heart aches at times when I think of his future. He is still determined to go to West Point. That has been his dream since he was in second/third grade. Yes, hard to believe, but it's still his dream. Then someone sends me a link to a youtube video and s0 many emotions start to flow. So these were my thoughts after that day of orientation and then seeing this music video.


Here's the old post:

Looking at my heart...

I've seen the movie (3X), bought the video and still, it brings me to my knees. I can not watch any part of it without crying as Amelia cries....puddles of tears that only a mother can wipe away....

To my knees, hands held high, head bowed low...I am not worthy! Praise the Lord for Grace...

Mary and my Savior, Lord Jesus,
Be my guardian as I watch my son prepare for a life of service to this country that he loves with his whole heart. Prepare my heart for what he will and must endure to be the keeper of all that we cherish as Americans and "Free People".

Lord, prepare him for what lies ahead. For all that you can see and that I can not. For all that I can prepare him for and that only you know he will face. Lord, he is my light...all that you were to Mary. Lord, open his heart and his mind to you and the life eternal that only you offer. My heart is in your hands...he is my heart, just as you were Mary's heart.

You'll need to cut and paste this into your browser. It's Brad Paisley and Sara Evans and clips from "Passion of the Christ".

http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=gh7icqR9zEY

1 comment:

Sonya said...

WOW! It HAS been a long time!!! GREAT to hear from you!!
I'll vote for you to get the worst blogger award!
POST SOME PICTURES!!!

Missed you!!!

Sonya