Thursday, May 01, 2008

Down on the farm....

Today I went with Elise's preschool class to Gorman's farm. It's just a few miles from the house and I have never been there (lived here 10 years, never been~I'm up for mother of the year!). I'm always a little apprehensive about "field trips" with toddlers. It is usually more than Elise and I can handle together. But off we went.

I'm thrilled to say that we had a great time. It started off rather rough, Elise was hanging on to my leg like a leech. I almost put her back in the car and left. But we trudged forward. She really came around when we got to the animals. I was totally shocked. I got some great pictures. Unfortunately, I have a "hate relationship" going on with my "rechargeable batteries right now and my camera died right at the end of the trip. I'm really bummed because Elise was chasing bunny rabbits around in their cage trying to catch one. It was a hoot! She was crawling under the hutches and trying to stick her head down in the rabbit hole. Way, way too funny!

The pig was the best. Her name is Queenie and she was HUGE! Elise wasn't even afraid of her. She went right up and started scratching her back. Everyone kept asking me if she's around animals alot~yeh~Gordo (HA!). Anyway, she did great until she dropped her egg in the hen house and made a total mess on the floor. Oops!

What a fun day! I needed it too~it's been a rough couple of days around our house. I tried taking the girls to see "Horton hears a Who". That lasted all of thirty minutes and we left. Thankfully, we were the only ones in the theatre and didn't disturb anyone. I was sad because I wanted to see how it ended. Poor, pitiful me.

Enjoy the slide show~I picked some of the best shots I had.

Click to play Gorman Farm
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a scrapbook - it's easy!


image signature

No comments: