Friday, January 19, 2007

I am stuck in Computer Hell

Yes, it's true. It happens to me every single tax season....my machine has some sort of out of body experience and I end up completely panic-stricken, yelling at tech people from India and the Philippines, trying to get my machine to work correctly. I just want to turn it on and have it work without any kind of error what so ever. Not me....NO....it can't ever be that simple.

So, my poor computer is at the computer hospital getting a new hard drive. We can only hope that I have her back sometime on Monday. For now, I'm using my wonderful husband's computer...that means no photos until mine comes back. I don't want to download anything to this machine. He already informed me to be sure I erased everything that I put on it...GEEZ!

I spent all of this evening sitting on the very hard bleachers at Reading High School at a wrestling meet. Yep, we are at it again this weekend. This is a two day meet dubbed "The Coaches Classic". There are 23 teams there from the Cincinnati area. Let me say this...their gymnasium is not large enough for 23 teams, their stinky gear and all the parents. It's crowded, hot and stinky. Did I mention it was stinky???? I've learned to dress appropriately... in layers. I can't even tell you how hot it is in those bleachers. Then the space to sit down...there is none. It's so packed that you can't help but step on gym bags and people's coats. It's not like they have coat checks at a wrestling meet (although I think a club or team could make a great deal of money providing that service).

So you know the drama of the meets...let me give you the time line of today...

3:24 p.m. Tucker phones from school telling me that the bus is leaving for the meet (the meet is about 20 minutes from the house and is suppose to start at 4:30 (according to our website schedule). But I checked the other schools schedules and it suppose to start at 5:30 hmmm..

4:00 p.m. Call Tucker's dad to ask him is ETA at our house to determine departure time for the meet

4:10 p.m. Depart our house for the meet

4:15 p.m. Receive phone call from Tucker telling us that his team is warming up. "Where are you at Mom, when are you gonna get here?" me: "10 minutes, Son. We'll be there."

4:25 p.m. Arrive at Reading High School for meet. Go to gym to pay entrance fee...very nice gentleman says,"Go ahead and go in, we're not collecting money yet. We'll clear the gym in a little while to get your entrance fee".

Are you hearing the bells and whistles going off??? Yep, we are way, way early.

5:15 p.m. Exit gym and go to cafeteria and pay the entrance fee.

5:25 p.m. Find seats in stand. Tucker joins us. Ask son if he has any idea when he'll wrestling? Answer: "No."

5:30 p.m. Wrestling meets starts at the designated time....hmmm...wonder why we didn't know that???

5:35 p.m. Announcement that weight brackets are now on sale and can be purchased for $1. There's a mad rush of parents from the stands to get the bracket. Fortunately, no one injured themselves trying to get out of the "cozy" spot back down to the cafeteria to buy their bracket.

5:40 p.m. After reading said bracket, discover that Tucker has a "bye" AGAIN since he's second seed in the tournament. There's something to be said for not being seeded #1.

9:00 p.m. Tucker gets on the mat for his first match.

YES, you read that correctly... 9 P.M. My butt is sore, my head is throbbing from the heat. I've had a power bar at around 8 PM. I had to steal my son's power bar for fear that my sugar level would drop and I would become the "Wicked Witch of the West". Fortunately for everyone, that did not happen.

9:30 p.m. We leave the match. Tucker stays with the team because he has to "weigh out" and they still have several matches to go.

9:50 p.m. Arrive home to a lovely glass of Chardonnay waiting for me on the island. DH has spaghetti ready to go on the stove for Tucker since he needs the carbs for tomorrow. Unfortunately, Tucker is not with me. So the food goes in the frig.

10:00 p.m. Hear Elise through the monitor...go upstairs and rock her for awhile. We sing ABCs, One Little Indian, Jesus loves Me and In a House.

10:10 p.m. Put the Empress back in bed after much snuggling and smooching

10:35 p.m. Tucker calls, "Mom, can I spend the night with Jared and Tyler?" me: "Are you kidding me...NO!!" Tucker: O.K.

10: 38 p.m. Tucker calls again..."Mom, can you come and get me?" Well NO, because Steve is out with friends, Elise is in bed and Matt is asleep! UGH....I'm freaking out because he needs a good spaghetti dinner before bed and he needs to get a good nights sleep.

11:08 Tucker calls and tells me that the team is leaving.

So now I'm waiting to go pick him up, feed him some dinner and put him to bed. But first, I have to give him a huge pep talk because he faces one of his toughest opponents tomorrow....Mason. The kid from Mason is a stud, but Tucker is pretty amazing too! He won his match tonight with a pin. He should have had a pin in the first period but the referee was waiting for a Presidential invitation before he called it and time ran out. I was videotaping the match. I HATE the fact that you can hear what I say. I'm typically pretty quiet....I know that shocks many of you, but it's true. Tucker's dad won't sit next to me so he can't be heard on the tape. Let's just say that I'm going to need some "voice-over" work on this particular match. I wasn't very complimentary to the ref...it's true. I was down right ugly! Back to said pep talk...he needs to believe in himself. He needs to believe that he's "The Man!" He doesn't think he's good, but he is. He's amazing for a kids that has only wrestled for less than two year. His record is 15-2....YOWSA! He's never been to a wrestling camp or anything like that. I can only imagine what he could do if he had.

Well, I'm off! To pick up Tuck, give him a pep talk and hit the sack.

Good night to you all. Send up good prayers for a successful day tomorrow! I tell Tucker that my prayer is that he will win or loss with dignity and pride.

Blessings,
Kim

No comments: