Saturday, March 17, 2007

Happy "Two Year Adoption Day"

Last weekend, Elise and I traveled to Michigan to celebrate our adoption day with our wonderful friends, The Summerfords. Tim and Debbie adopted Gracie at the same time we adopted Elise. We have developed a bond and a friendship with this family that has blessed our lives in more ways that we could have ever imagined. We never thought that along with a daughter, we would be getting life long friends! Thanks for the great weekend Summerfords! We appreciate your hospitality and cherish your friendship!


Our course the beauty of visiting Debbie and family is Birch Run~Home of the Coach Outlet and IKEA! Yep, there was some serious retail therapy occurring in Michigan my friends.

Happy Girls headed to Birch Run and the Coach Outlet~ Mama needs a new handbag!



When we returned from shopping and dinner at Cracker Barrel, we had an ice cream and cake celebration! Our children seem to have a "problem" or "fetish" for water. Once again, we found them in the bathroom, up to their elbows in soapy water~ At least Gracie didn't have a big pink cast on her arm to preclude her from the fun!



splish, splash in the bathroom.....



They are now in their jammies since their clothes were SOAKED and soapy from all the water! Can't tell you what the wooden spoons were for~they just had to have them. As you can see, Gracie has her eye on Cinderella!


Happy Mamas and baby girls!


Elise with The Summerfords




Finally, the cake and the hat. Do you like my hat???



Debbie and I headed out early on Sunday to IKEA without the girls. It was wonderful and we spent about four hours there (I think). Elise got a new bed, chair and basket for under her bed. She also got a new artist easel that she absolutely loves. Did I mention I love IKEA. I can't wait for the one to be built that is going to be five miles from my house~YIPPEE!!!


It was a great weekend and we look forward to doing it again soon!


Happy Adoption Day Gracie and Elise! What a blessing you both are!

4 comments:

Sonya said...

HAPPY ADOPTION DAY!!!! LOVE ALL of the pics but that bath tub one is a HOOT!!!

Sonya

Leslie said...

Happy Adoption Day Girls. To cute, and love the hair in the tub...LOL.

Jessica and I will have to take a road trip to visit you, and go to IKEA with ya....don't that sound like tons of fun...LOL.

Leslie

Kimberly said...

Leslie,
IKEA will open in West Chester this fall...I think. A road trip is definately in order!

Lisa said...

Happy Day! I am catching up on blogs. DH gone and sick kids at my house no fun!
I read your post on Tucker. I understand all too well since I have two boys about the same age!
The things that they struggle with these days!
Lisa