Tuesday, June 17, 2008

VACATION

We are going on a family vacation this year...and it won't be a trip that will add to our family or one that only a few of us are going on (I.E. I won't be hiking with 40+ pounds on my back with just Tucker), and we won't be going with anyone else. Our last family vacation was before we traveled to get Elise and we went with another family. Can you say....DISASTER! Let me tell you something, you really get to know someone when you go on vacation with them. We will NEVER do that again!!!!!!

This summer~we are going to the beach! And yes, all six of us are going. Steve and I are beside ourselves with excitement. I've arranged to meet another family that adopted about the same time we adopted Elise and we will be meeting them on the way! I can't wait to finally see Lisa and Ana Claire in person. The internet is a wonderful thing, but there's nothing like seeing someone in person.

So I'm being a little weired about the trip. We are renting a house so we'll be able to cook. I told Steve I was going to plan a menu to making shopping easier. I don't want to spend my time going to the grocery when I can be enjoying the great outdoors! He think's I'm crazy~I think it's efficient.

Anyway, just had to put those thoughts down today! It's the countdown to the beach!!!!

image signature

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How fun!! The beach used to be our favorite vacation spot until we moved away from the coast. :( We did the friend thing once and it sure put a strain on the friendship. Family is the best!! Have a great time and surf some waves for us!!

Wendy